- Gryffindor: Tower! The highest fucking tower, fuck yeah! TOWER!
- Hufflepuff: But don't you think that's a bit far away from everything, they'll have to climb dozens of stairs every day...
- Gryffindor: TOWER!
- Hufflepuff: Oh, for the love of...
- Slytherin: I'm going for under the lake, LIKE A SUPER-SECRET LAIR!
- Hufflepuff: But Salazar, won't that be a bit dreary? And we'll have to add dozens of charms to keep it dry, it will take loads of magic...
- Slytherin: Super. Secret. Lair.
- Hufflepuff: Fine! Fine, we'll spend bloody hours drying out some rooms under the lake, Merlin. Rowena, what about you?
- Ravenclaw: Tower.
- Hufflepuff: But...all the stairs, the isolation from the other houses...
- Ravenclaw: Exactly. They'll focus better if they're miles away from everything else. Also, anything he can build, I can build better.
- Hufflepuff: Seriously? You're going to compete over towers?
- Gryffindor: GOING DOWN ROWENA!
- Slytherin: Underground is better.
- Hufflepuff: For fuck's sake, I give up. If anyone wants me, I'll be in the kitchens.
cultural appropriation is putting fireflies in a jar
and letting them light up your bedroom
as you drift off to sleep.
and when you wake up all the lights have flickered out
but only when you’re older do you realize
you slowly suffocated them so
that you could enjoy their glow.
that just knocked the breath from me